Monday, April 20, 2015

Hello. My name is Becky and i'm a recovering 40 year old slacker.

Somehow over the course of 20 years I had forgotten what mattered to me.  I am in no way referring to the obvious...family, love, responsibilities.  I am referring to a time when I had a collection of ideas that I acted upon. A time when I believed I was going to be Something...Be Someone.  

Somewhere...Somehow...
Something swallowed my ideas whole. I am most certain it was Fear.

Fear of failing.
Fear of looking stupid.
Fear of disappointment.
Fear of not being great.

So, to insure that I avoided all those consequences I avoided everything altogether.  

Even in avoidance I could not escape failing, looking stupid, and not being great.

I am disappointed that I waited half a lifetime to figure that out.

In the spirit of letting myself down I am letting myself free.  
Free to explore what it is to be me...without fear.

I have big plans in store and I want you to make some too!   
I am beginning my journey by putting it out there....my calendar, my phone, my blog. 
It's set in motion at this point and there ain't no looking back!

If you have something to add please leave a comment below. 
Feel free to share your dream.   

Hello.  My name is Becky and i'm a recovering 40 year old slacker.  




No comments:

Post a Comment