Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Inner Ramblings

When my children were much, much younger there was always a celebration of sorts.  Every season you could rely on it.  Magicians, fancy cakes, lots of boys & girls, and all the family…and neighbors on occasion too.  

Sometimes the only celebration would be my mother-in-law popping in.  I had three young children and my resources were often drained. Unappreciation  accompanied the spontanious visits and advice.  However, they were much needed and brought me what I needed most...light and clarity.

Then that place was left and as time went on there were fewer celebrations.  The days became long, my body and soul weary.  Possessions, neighbors, tasty cakes, patience, understanding…one by one they ran away.  Feelings of unease and fear remained firmly footed. Stubbornly seated at the back of my mind where they have disrupted and menaced for as long as I can remember.  

Not today I sigh.  Please, not today.

I have much to do without dealing with the likes of you.  So off you go - Get outta here - Scram!

So away the meddlesome duo parted leaving a trail of tasty cake crumbs.

1 comment: